Qatar Racing and Tweenhills to send stellar book of mares to Kameko
Qatar Racing and Tweenhills have shown strong support for their Classic winner Kameko by announcing they will be sending him over 45 high-quality mares for his first season at stud in 2021.
Kameko (Kitten’s Joy), a Gr.1 winner at two and three and the fastest QIPCO 2000 Guineas winner in history, will cover the cream of the Qatar Racing and Tweenhills broodmare bands in his first season at Tweenhills.
Kameko’s book will include Con Te Partiro, the dual Gr.1 winner who was purchased privately by Qatar Racing for $1.6m at the recent Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
Con Te Partiro was successful in both the US and at Royal Ascot for Wesley Ward and, after her sale in 2018, hit even greater highs by winning the Gr.1 Coolmore Classic and Gr.1 Coolmore Legacy Stakes for Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott in Australia. By the late Scat Daddy, she is a very exciting addition to the broodmare band at Tweenhills.
Other Stakes winners or producers that Qatar Racing and Tweenhills will send Kameko in his first season include:
- An Ghalanta, Stakes-winning two-year-old and dam of Stakes-winning two-year-old in 2020, Time Scale
- A Little Bit Me, Stakes-winning daughter of Gr.2 Rockfel Stakes Gr.2 winner Sayedah
- Common Knowledge, dam of Group winners Astrophysical Jet, Coral Wave and Tweenhills homebred Know It All (also Gr.1 placed in 2020)
- Granny Franny, already producer of three individual Stakes winners by Kittens Joy
- Gr.3 Albany Stakes winner and Gr.1-placed Kiyoshi
- Gr.2 Park Hill Stakes runner-up Melodic Motion
- Recent purchase Ninfea, a Stakes-placed half-sister to Gr.1 winner Novelist, whose first two runners are both stakes performers
- Now Or Never, a Group winner in both Ireland and Australia (when called Now Or Later) and half-sister to dual Gr.1 winner Fairyland
- Stakes winner and multiple Stakes placed
- Ship Of Dreams, Stakes winner and second in the Gr.3 Derrinstown Stud 1000 Guineas Trial, whose first foal was sold by Tweenhills for 185,000gns recently
Tweenhills owner and managing director David Redvers said:
“The QIPCO 2000 Guineas has long been regarded as the greatest stallion-making race and Kameko won it in a time faster than any horse in history.
“We are committed to making Kameko a success at stud and are entrusting him with the most exciting broodmares from Qatar Racing and Tweenhills.
“He has received exceptional external support from some of the most successful breeders and breeding operations worldwide including Chasemore, Cheveley Park, Juddmonte, Meon Valley, Monceaux, Plantation and Whitsbury, and we can’t wait to get his season started.”
Tweenhills stallion stud fees 2021:
Kameko £25,000 1st Oct SLF
Zoustar £25,000 1st Oct SLF
Havana Gold £7,500 1st Oct SLF
Lightning Spear £5,000 1st Oct SLF
To discuss a nomination for your mare to Kameko, Zoustar, Havana Gold or Lightning Spear, contact our Nominations Team now on +44 (0)1452 700177.